Aleelan replied

295 weeks ago

The Cutthroat Island Download > DOWNLOAD (Mirror #1)

Show Spoiler

Morgan Adams' father's dying gifts to her are his pirate ship and a one-third part of a map of a treasure island - unusually inscribed on his scalp. Thinking herself in need of a Latin scholar to unravel the map, she buys learned slave William Shaw and sets off in search of the rest of the map. However, it is Shaw, obviously with plans of his own, who gets the second part. He's somewhat easier to deal with, though, than the holder of the last part - Morgan's less-than-loving piratical uncle Dawg.
Morgan Adams and her slave, William Shaw, are on a quest to recover the three portions of a treasure map. Unfortunately, the final portion is held by her murderous uncle, Dawg. Her crew is skeptical of her leadership abilities, so she must complete her quest before they mutiny against her. This is made yet more difficult by the efforts of the British crown to end her piratical raids.
I&#39;m a pirate movie nut me hearties and this film hits the mark in just about every way possible… arrr.<br/><br/>It has no ghostly sailors or fictional sea monsters. It&#39;s just about pirates and treasure and high seas high jinx… nothing more. What else do you want?<br/><br/>Cutthroat Island was made a good few years before the lamentable fairy stories from Disney… Pirates Of The Caribbean 1, 2 and 3. It stars Gina Davis, Matthew Modine and Frank Langella. The story centres around locating a treasure hidden by Captain Morgan Adams&#39; father. She is aided by a scoundrel-come-lover, William Shaw and hindered by her uncle &#39;Dog&#39; who wants the booty for himself. The plot is complicated by Patrick Malahide&#39;s wonderful Governor character, comically assisted by &#39;Trotter&#39; a half-baked lieutenant.<br/><br/>The action is fast, the direction is spot on (by Renny Harlin, Gina Davis&#39;s hubby) and it&#39;s filmed in some fabulous locations. <br/><br/>Cutlasses, guns, cannon, daggers, rip roaring sword fights, a carriage chase, slow-mo punch-ups… it&#39;s marvelous!<br/><br/>Forget the Oscars, buy or rent this top notch piratefest and escape to the blue waters with Morgan and her crew. I guarantee you a breathless romance of the high seas!<br/><br/>I have a shooting script, a treasure map, a production drawing and an extra&#39;s costume from this movie… all purchased on eBay. That&#39;s how much I love it.<br/><br/>Not all film is meant to show us a new slant on the human condition. Some is just for fun. See it as that and you will find yourself a real gem. <br/><br/>Avast me hearties! Cast off the bow lines and set sail for uncharted waters… er… arrr (again).
Given the lack of advertising it had on release (in Australia, anyway) I can probably boast to being in the minority of people who first saw this film at the cinema. I was nine at the time, and went with a friend from primary school who&#39;d already seen it once. We both loved it, and at the end, I remember the friend&#39;s mother (who had also enjoyed it on both occasions) comment that it was a shame so few people knew it was on.<br/><br/>This film became a staple at every sleepover I had between nine and fourteen, not just because I loved it, but because all my friends did, too. I&#39;ve had it on VHS (home-taped) for years, but bought it again today on DVD, because even as an adult, I still really enjoy it. It wasn&#39;t until a year or so ago that I was startled to learn it was the most expensive box office flop on record.<br/><br/>Given that I&#39;m yet to show it to anyone, adult or child, who hasn&#39;t enjoyed it, I think it&#39;s fair to say that rather than being a bad film, Cutthroat Island had the misfortune to be exceedingly poorly advertised. Almost nobody knew it was on, and then all they heard later was that it flopped, thus generating an assumption that it sucked. The cast is good, the script is fun, the effects are great, and while it&#39;s not the greatest film in history, it&#39;s much, much better than a lot of stuff that earned more money (Blade 2, for instance). You could do a whole lot worse.
What seemed like a dubious proposition on paper plays even more dubiously onscreen, as Cutthroat Island strenuously but vainly attempts to revive the thrills of old-fashioned pirate pictures. Giving most of the swashbuckling opportunities to star Geena Davis, pic does little with its reversal of gender expectations and features a seriously mismatched romantic duo in Davis and Matthew Modine.
In order to get the PG rating for the theatrical release, more than a minute had to be removed, four more seconds got lost on the VHS release. Something that is also very interesting about the British VHS are the many instances of audio censorships. Punches, kicks and other fight audio effects were partially removed or just turned down in volume. This usually does not even catch the viewer&#39;s ear, however, all in all a certain censoring method can be made out. Interestingly enough, not a single one of these changes were applied to the British DVD version.<br/><br/>When the DVD was released in 2003, it would have been possible to release it uncut with the BBFC 15 rating, but the producers decided against it. The version that was given to the BBFC was already censored. Some of the previously cut scenes were put back into the movie, but others were removed instead. Still, one more scene (a headbutt) had to be removed in order to have the censoring agency let the film pass through without complaints.
a5c7b9f00b
free download Episode 1.87The Pacifier in hindi free downloadEnemy of the State movie free download in hindiLa vendetta download movie freeKillers Anonymous movie in tamil dubbed downloadJaya tamil dubbed movie download2 Fast 2 Furious full movie online freeDownload the Wheelman full movie tamil dubbed in torrentShaolin Soccer in hindi download free in torrentMarea: Bienvenido al secadero full movie in hindi 720p download
Please log in to post a reply.